If any of you were at K-Mart or Tractor Supply today and gave to the little fellers in red jerseys,it was very much appreciated. The Wise Youth Football gang needed around $1500 to cover the cost of new pads,and by the time I left at 6,we were well on our way. I was shocked to see that many stop and donate,especially with the gas crisis. It is money well spent. When you support youth sports,you support giving kids something better to do than find trouble out of boredom.
Something that always amuses me: The Bible,if I recall it right says that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven? So many times today I watched folks in beamers and benzes SPEED UP to drive by while folks in beat up S-10s stopped,congrated the boys and emptied their change from their cupholders.
Tommorow at Pound starting at 3,the Little Red and the Little 'Cats will hook up. Please come and support these little ones. Not only is it for a good cause,but you'll never match the enthusiasm that these kids give. It is the best $1 a body can spend.





Bookmarks